Mitchell Community College horizontal burgundy logo.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between two or more colleges and universities to accept credits in transfer towards an academic program. Mitchell Community College has numerous articulation agreements for specific academic programs in addition to the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. Students should see the Program Coordinator for information about program-specific articulations.

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities. The CAA facilitates the smooth transfer of credits for Mitchell Community College students into four-year colleges and universities. 

The CAA provides the following assurances for transfer students:

1) Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC universities (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy);*

2) Enables NC community college graduates of Associate in Arts and/or Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to a University of North Carolina member institution to transfer with junior status.*

*See the CAA for stipulations. A student should use the CAA Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure if he or she believes the terms of the CAA have not been honored by a UNC institution to which the student has been admitted.

The following NC private colleges and universities endorse the CAA:

Barton College
Belmont Abbey College
Bennett College
Brevard College
Campbell University
Catawba College
Chowan University
Gardner-Webb University
Johnson C. Smith University
Livingstone College
Louisburg College
Mars Hill University
Montreat College
University of Mount Olive
North Carolina Wesleyan College
William Peace University
Pfeiffer University
Queens Univeristy of Charlotte
St. Andrews University
Saint Augustine’s University
Warren-Wilson College
Wingate University

Please note: Mitchell students considering transferring to a private college or university should contact the admissions office at that institution for more information.

Additional Information for Transfer Students