Mitchell Community College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for students, employees and visitors.
Campus Security can take care of less urgent safety and security matters. All buildings are equipped with first aid kits for minor injuries.
Emergencies on Campus
Life threatening emergencies (fire, violent crime, medical emergency) call 911 and follow the directions of the dispatcher.
Questions? Call (704) 878-4367
*Data includes 2020, 2021, 2022
Mitchell Community College has an emergency notification system that sends text, voice or email messages to registered users in the event of a campus emergency. A campus emergency is classified as College closure, inclement weather notice, campus lockdown/evacuation or other similar event. The system is administered by the College in conjunction with Rave Mobile, a secure notification service.
If you are not currently registered for the College’s emergency notification system, please visit Mitchell’s Rave Mobile page and sign up as a new user. The College will not share contact information that is provided for emergency communication purposes.
Users can change their contact information and notification preferences at any time following the below steps. If you wish to opt-out or remove your information, please ensure you select “Leave Group” (step 8 below).
1) Go to Mitchell’s Rave Mobile page.
2) Click on “Forgot your password?” (If you have previously signed in and know your password, please skip to step 6)
3) Enter your college email address. (i.e. email@example.com)
4) A link to create your password will be sent to your email.
5) Click on the link to create your new password and login.
6) Click on preferences. This will take you to your personal info page.
7) Click on the email | phone tab and verify that your phone number is correct. You can also add additional email addresses or phone numbers to receive notifications.
8) To opt-out of emergency notifications, click “Group Notifications” tab and in the emergency notification group click “Leave Group.”
At Mitchell, our students and their safety are our priority. Mitchell Administration and Security are working collaboratively with the Statesville Police Department to provide an enhanced safety personnel presence on our Statesville Campus and increase awareness of safety-related resources for all students.
Campus Safety Tips & Helpful Information
- Stay alert and notify Campus Security if you see or hear anything suspicious. Report any threats made against you, another person or Mitchell Community College.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus, including nearby parking lots and emergency exits.
- Avoid leaving backpacks, purses, books, computers or other items of value unattended. Lock your vehicle after you make sure valuables are out of sight.
- When walking to your vehicle, have your keys in hand, look under the vehicle as you approach, and check inside before having a seat. At night, try to walk in groups.
- If you need an escort to your vehicle, call (704) 880-0172 or (704) 878-3200 in Statesville or (704) 880-0380 or (704) 663-1923 in Mooresville.
- Display a Mitchell parking permit so that Campus Security may locate you if your vehicle is involved in an accident on campus. Notify Campus Security if you are in an accident in a campus parking lot.
- Always drive slowly in campus parking lots and yield to pedestrians.
Campus Security provides lost and found services. When an item is found, the security officer notifies the Campus Security Office. Items valued at more than $20 are immediately turned over to the Campus Security Office while items valued at less than $20 are held at the local campus or building reception desk for one day prior to being secured in the Campus Security Office. The Security Department must be notified of all found property and its location on campus. Contact Campus Security to inquire about lost items.
Campus Security Office Locations
101 S. Race Street
219 N. Academy Street
All students must have a campus photo ID. Students must bring a printed copy of their current class schedule and a photo ID to Security to received their Student ID.
All Curriculum Mitchell Community College students must obtain a college issued student identification badge.
These badges can be obtained from Security following:
Presenting one other form of photo ID
If you are unable to physically visit campus to visit our Security Department, you may call them at (704) 878-4367 to make other arrangements for securing your ID badge
ID Badges and Parking Passes
Do you need to obtain an ID badge and/or Parking Pass? Our Security Department is now using Picktime, an appointment-making software, to make obtaining an ID badge/Parking Pass easier and safer on our students, faculty and staff. You can follow the steps below to select a date/time that works best for your individual 10-minute appointment. **Students should bring a photo ID and current Mitchell schedule to their appointment.**
1.) Visit https://www.picktime.com/mitchellcc
2.) Under the “Choose a Location” heading, select Statesville or Mooresville Campus
3.) Under the “Choose a Service” heading, select ID Badge/Parking Pass.
4.) Select the “Team Member” listed
5.) Chose your desired date/time from options available (each appointment should last approximately 10 minutes).
6.) Fill out your contact information. First name, last name and email address are required.
7.) Select “Book Appointment at the bottom of the page. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you entered.
Photo IDs are available at the Campus Security Center, 101 S. Race Street, Statesville. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. Evening appointments may be made by calling (704) 878-4367.
Photo IDs are available in the Campus Security Office in the Mooresville Campus Main Building. Call (704) 663-1923 to schedule an appointment or to get more information.
A Mitchell Community College ID is also your library card and may qualify you for discounts at businesses in Statesville and Mooresville.
Transportation, Parking and Motorist Assistance
Iredell County Area Transit System (ICATS) provides shuttle service between the Statesville and Mooresville campuses through an agreement with Mitchell Community College. Cost is $1 per one-way trip or $2 roundtrip.
Pick-up location: Front of Student Services Building. Vehicle enters parking lot from Mulberry Street.
Departure Times: 6:30 a.m., 7:45 a.m., 9 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:15 p.m. and 3:35 p.m.
Pick-up location: Gazebo area/Academy Street
Departure Times: 7 a.m., 8:25 a.m., 10 a.m., 11:25 a.m., 1:40 p.m., 2:55 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
For shuttle questions, contact ICATS at (704) 873-9393 Ext. 2. ICATS is a service of Iredell County Government.