NC Education Lottery Scholarships
The North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship was created by the 2005 General Assembly to provide financial assistance to needy North Carolina students attending eligible colleges and universities located within the state. The scholarship is available to qualifying Mitchell students.
To qualify, you must
1) be a resident of North Carolina.
2) complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
3) be admitted to the College and enrolled for at least six credit hours per semester.
4) meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
5) be classified as an undergraduate in matriculated status in a degree, certificate, or diploma program.
Eligibility is determined using the same criteria as the Federal Pell Grant with one exception–students who are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, but have an estimated family contribution of $5,000 or less, will be eligible for an Education Lottery Scholarship. Students who have earned baccalaureate (four-year) college degrees are ineligible. The value per grant will vary according to information that is generated from the FAFSA.
If your last name begins with the letter A-L:
Mark West, Financial Aid Specialist
If your last name begins with the letter M-Z:
Rachel Knox, Financial Aid Specialist
Gwen Ramirez, Financial Aid Specialist