- Advice for first-generation college students – President’s Blog, Stanly Community College, 2019 –
- First-generation College Student Guide – Study.com – “Starting college as a first generation student has its share of challenges. This guide is designed to help students overcome those challenges and succeed in college.”
- Online Guide for First-generation College Students – Student Training & Education in Public Service (STEPS) – “For the first in their families to go to college, it’s a new experience for everyone. There are applications, admissions, financial aid, scholarships, course loads, and so much more. This guide provides first-gen college students with the information and resources they need to get their college journeys started on the right foot.”
- Perspective | Changing course, by Alexis Kinlaw (2020) – EdNC – Kinlaw shares her experience of becoming a UNC “Carolina First,” a social and support group created specifically for first-generation college students.
- Journal of First-generation Student Success – Center for First-generation Student Success – “Seeks to publish practice articles that are grounded in research and literature and, reciprocally, research articles that speak to practice.”
- Center for First Generation Student Success
- First Generation Foundation
- Rise First – Offers COVID-19 student resources and blogs, as well as many other resouces.
Resource links to external sources are provided for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Mitchell Communmity College of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. Mitchell Community College bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.