Need help completing your 2022-2023 FAFSA or 2023-2024 FAFSA? Our staff is here to help!
The following table provides information on the School Year and FAFSA to complete:
FAFSA Completion Events occur on Tuesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. No appointment needed. Students can check in with the front desk in the Eason Student Services Center, Statesville Campus.
For exact event dates, visit Mitchell Community College’s event calendar (link to https://www.mitchellcc.edu/calendar)
Maximize your time with our Student Services staff by being prepared when you arrive! Before you attend an in-person FAFSA Completion Event be sure to create a FSA ID (an account username and password to complete and electronically sign the FAFSA form) by visiting: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/personal-info. If you are providing parent information, one parent will also need to create their own FSA ID to complete and sign the FAFSA.
What will I need to bring to my FAFSA Completion Event?
• Your Social Security Number
• Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
• Your Driver’s License Number (if applicable)
• Your 2020 Federal Income Tax Return and 2020 W-2 Forms
• Your 2021 Federal Income Tax Return and 2021 W-2 Forms if competing your 2023-2024 FAFSA
(Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
• Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
• Records of Your Untaxed Income (if applicable)
• Your FSA ID to sign your FAFSA electronically
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s) and one parent will need their own FSA ID to sign the FAFSA electronically.