• Customer support centers
• Regional or national warehousing
• Distribution centers
• Technology intensive (information technology, life sciences)
• Air courier services
• National headquarters with operations outside North Carolina
• Civil service employees providing technical support to US military installations in North Carolina
Business must meet one or more of the following criteria:
• The business is creating jobs for at least 12 new employees per year for the next three years.
• The business is making an appreciable capital investment.
• The business is deploying new technology requiring new skills from new and/or incumbent workers.
• The business demonstrates the need for updated workforce skills to enhance productivity.
Customized Training Program fund usage requires:
• Trainees be paid by the company for all times during training hours.
• Selection of instructors from Mitchell Community College and NC Community Colleges when available and content appropriate.