Graduation eligibility is determined by the Office of Student Records. Official notification of pending graduation is sent from our office to the student email account during the last semester of credential completion.
The following requirements apply to programs. Some divisions may have additional requirements.
- Students in associate degree programs are required to make satisfactory scores on the reading placement test or successfully complete reading requirements.
- Students may graduate under the catalog upon which they enter or any subsequent catalog in effect while they remain in continuous enrollment. If a student changes from one program to another, he/she must graduate under the catalog in effect at the time of the change or any subsequent catalog while he/she remains in continuous enrollment. Continuous enrollment excludes summer semester.
- Students must earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and must receive a passing grade in all required courses to be eligible for graduation.
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a degree, diploma, or certificate must be earned at Mitchell.
- To be eligible for graduation, the student must fulfill all financial obligations to Mitchell.
Students with at least 50% of their curriculum requirements completed at Mitchell are eligible for honors at graduation.
High Honors–Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or greater.
Honors – Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 to 3.74
Certificate programs do not qualify for honors.
Freshmen enrolled in a program of study and who have the highest grade point averages and have earned a minimum of 12 semester hours credit are selected marshals.