How to Apply for Financial Aid
The primary purpose of the MCC Financial Aid Office is to provide financial assistance to those students, who without such assistance would be unable to attend MCC. Mitchell Community College awards all Federal and State grants based on the results of the Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) on a first come, first served basis.
MCC has the current priority dates for the 2013-14 academic year:
- Spring - November 1, 2013
- Summer - April 4, 2014
All documentation must be submitted by the above dates to guarantee the use of financial aid for the applicable semester.
- Apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- List Mitchell Community College (Federal Code 002947) on the FAFSA.
- For those who file taxes, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool should be utilized for both student and parent, if applicable.
- You and your parents should apply for a PIN to "sign" the FAFSA electronically.
- Once we have received your processed electronic student aid record from the Department of Education (Appox 2 weeks), MCC's Financial Aid Office will email students an award notice who have completed both the financial aid and admissions application process.
- Some students may receive a Document Tracking Letter informing them of additional items needed to complete the financial aid process.
- Once all documents have been received and the file is complete, the financial aid office will email the student an award notice. This may take up to 4-6 weeks.
- To apply for a scholarship, please complete a scholarship application which can be found at MCC's Financial Aid Office or go to the forms section for a printable PDF form.
- You may return the MCC Financial Aid Scholarship Form to the Financial Aid Office or to the Mooresville Center. (NOTE: The priority date to apply annually for a scholarship is April 30).
General Info: (704) 978-5435
Veterans Info: (704) 878-3254
Email Financial Aid
Mitchell Community College listed as a Military-Friendly school.